Every day we wake up and follow the same routine, home – work – home, 8am to God knows what time we finish work. In Manila, what is worse is the travel time from home to work can take 2 hours (at least) one way.
The whole day we are busy with meetings, reports, and deadlines. It’s a mad rush for everything, we even have hardly the time to go to the toilet or take breaks and we even skip lunch or take lunch at our desk.
At the end of the day, we are just too tired that we don’t even have time to reflect on our day, be thankful for another day and think about the meaning of life.
Weekend comes. We think we have more time for ourselves but then it’s time to run our errands, do our household chores, pamper ourselves and meet up with friends and family.
Then the week begins again.
Do you know what we are? We are zombies missing out on the meaning of life. We are slaves to society’s standards and definition of success and happiness.
It’s time to take back our power and take back control of our lives.
It’s time to wake up from our zombie mode and ask yourself:
- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- What will truly make me happy and at peace?
- What are the things that are really important to me?
- What is the meaning of life?
- Is this it? Is there all there is to life?
- What am I here on earth for?
- What is my life purpose?
- How do I define success? What does success look like?
- What gives me fulfillment and satisfaction? Am I fulfilled and satisfied right now?
- Are you doing what you love to do?
- If money is not an issue, what are you doing right now?
At the end of the day,
Are you happy?
Are you at peace?
If you were to die tomorrow, will you have regrets? If yes, what are they?
Because if you are not happy and at peace and you will have regrets if you die tomorrow, nothing else matters. Life is too short to live it with sadness, fear, and regrets.
Amidst the many events taking place now in the world, take this opportunity to slow down, to go on an Inner Journey to reflect and think deeply. I invite you, let’s take a brave step forward. Let’s turn off the zombie mode.